Mac Mail and entourage cant send mail

Reaction score
All of a sudden I cannot send mail from my macbook. I have Entourage and Mail working on the same computer. They both quit sending mail at the the same time.
I cannot find any answers online for a simultaneous break down only individual problems. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
All of a sudden I cannot send mail from my macbook. I have Entourage and Mail working on the same computer. They both quit sending mail at the the same time.
I cannot find any answers online for a simultaneous break down only individual problems. Any help would be great.

If both stopped working, my guess would be that your provider is having problems, or your smtp settings need to be checked. Also sounds like the outgoing port might be blocked, or something else is using it.

Try: restarting the computer, delete and re-create the smtp settings in the mail programs; you can turn your computer into a mail server temporarily to see if that works, but I'd only leave it at that setting for testing since some of your email will be bounced (you'll be detected as a "spammer" by many provider filters); there's an easy utility to turn the mail server on and off at http://www.app4mac.com/action_view_...e)&-session=WEBS:43B05C980333414789iGymA708B8

Hope some of this helps!

Ask a Question