Mac M1 and Windows ?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading my old Mac Mini and noticed that the newest ones don't use Intel CPU's any more. So does that mean they won't be dual-bootable with Windows any more?

Reaction score
Thanks - do you know if there are any slightly older Macs that'll run Windows 11 natively? I believe Win11 needs something called a TPM chip.

Reaction score
The 27" iMac still is Intel. But TPM 2.0 isn't fully supported on the motherboard. There are some work-arounds that may or may not work. If I really needed Windows, I would consider having two computers.

(That said, I will be very glad when a program that I need is finished being converted to 64 bits, so I can get rid of my Mojave Mac)

Reaction score
Has Mojave got a bad reputation then? I must admit, here on my Mac Pro it feels quite slow & clunky somehow... Windows 10 runs on the same machine and feels a lot slicker.

Reaction score
No. I bought an M1 iMac that can't run older than Big Sur. My old Late 2013 iMac won't run anything newer than Catalina.

I have a 32-bit program I need, and the oldest MacOS that runs 32-bit programs is Mojave. So I'm waiting for that program to be converted to 64-bit (it's *almost* beta-ready). As soon as I can, I will give my old computer to my grandson.

Mojave is the newest MacOS that will run 32-bit programs.

Ask a Question