SOLVED Log in locally to a macbook pro binded to a windows AD domain

Reaction score
Hi I have a Sierra macbook pro i think it is around 10 years old. when it boots up it goes to the domain login screen. on a windows box you can type the computer name \ local account and password. 1. i tried that so it did not work , how can i find the name of the macbook, might not have the correct view.
2. i went to users and groups did the unlock , is there a way here to switch from domain to local. removed the cat5 cable did a restart and i . usually even doing this where you enter the user name there is a little red dot says domain / network not available. this time it did not have the dot and i could login locally.....so how can i do this every time i do not want to login to the domain?

Reaction score
i went to the users and groups and unlocked with a local account then logged the domain account in. even though in the user name field the red dot for no domain, if i type in the creds for a local account it will load the profile. Seems to be able to still enter the domain account to. On the mac i don't think they cache the profile for a domain account so both are logging in, local and domain. If i unlock users and groups w/ a domain account only domain accounts can log in.

Ask a Question