Mac acting very strangely!

Reaction score
I booted my computer this morning, it took a while on the initial grey screen with the apple and spinny icon...and it's started acting very strangely today.

a) hardly any of my fonts are listed in photoshop and many fonts in firefox/safari appear as Times New Roman.

b) No sound when I go to control panel i just see 'No output devices found'

c) my gmail notifier icon at the top right has disappeared.

d) generally being very sluggish.

I have an iMac core2duo 2GHz Late 2006, 160MB, 1GB, 17". OS 10.4.9 (build: 8P2137). Latest Firmware (updated 6 days ago).

This is all very vague I'm sure. But are these problems symptomatic of anything in particular?

Thank you for reading my thread.

Reaction score
Hello timmy and welcome! Try going to your Applications folder --> Utilities --> Disk Utility --> Click on Macintosh HD on the left hand side of the program. Make sure the first aid tab is selected. Click Repair Disk Permissions. When that has finished, restart your computer. I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further help.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Hello timmy, have you managed to do what Searay recommended?

If so, has it helped any? It sounds very much like a font issue - have you installed anything recently? What is the last thing you installed?

If repairing permsissions does not help, let us kmow and we will hopefully be able to help you further :)

Ask a Question