Mac acting severely retarded.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running on a Macbook Leopard OSX. Just recently, the system has gotten terribly strange and difficult to use. It is difficult to pinpoint the actual problem, but this is what happens:

*The mouse seems to be in a perpetual state of selecting something. Imagine moving your mouse around the desktop and having that little translucent selector box follow wherever it goes, selecting everything in sight. Rarely, there will be a moment where it will stop and I can finally click on something without opening a grand number of things at the same time.

*The system is terribly, terribly slow, but not frozen. For example, when I FINALLY get to request it to shut down, the inevitable shut down prompt will be stuck at '59 seconds' until shut down for at least a couple of minutes...while I still am able to move the mouse and whatnot.

*It is difficult to click on anything for the reasons stated above. I do not understand how the mouse could be moving freely but much of everything else appears to be frozen. If I try to click on something, the system will ignore my command until my persistence finally gets through to it.

So now, I have to be on my old PC to ask this question. I think the problem is in the touchpad/cursor alone.

...Has anyone any clue?

Edit: I am in Japan at the moment, so it won't be very easy for me to go to a Mac store.

Ask a Question