M1 is fast "but it can't walk & chew gum at the same time" funny observation

Reaction score
Hi,

I have found that my new Monterey M1 24" iMac. may be blindingly fast compared to my old 2012 27" iMac using high Sierra.

and it had a strange habit of stopping my QT Music file I have playing in t e background, when I tell it to empty the trash. especially when I am cleaning out old tube videos from my USB Stick.. every time intuit .

not a problem, as it is easily restarted...

but funny behaviour I have not had before. anyone else find it happening.

regards, Sandy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • Maybe the files you are playing and deleting are both on the USB flash drive?
  • How are you playing the QT music files?
C

Reaction score
Hi, the qt music files are in a folder on my desktop, and one file I play all the time, Is a 1 hours music study , that let me know when I have spent an hour doing my photoshop retouching. and now ant then I will flip to other programs to check emails etc. and also I hat the TV news at night now, so I download instructional tube moves on photoshop of Cours) and then dump them on a USB stick which I plug into the TV, and then I delete the files from the tube studios downloading folder... and every time I dump this of th computer, while I am playing my qt music (any qt music File) it will stop the QT music playing, but does not quit the QT or that music file. just stops playing the moment I empty the trash... weird.. not a great problem... but never happened before on my now dead 27" iMac 2012 under High Sierra.
regards, Sandy.

Ask a Question