Lost finder

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks, glad we're able to help.

Please "double double" check, that you have got everything you want, before wiping the iBook !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric -

Well, I'm as certain as I'm ever going to be that I've got all I need off the iBook (ie not 100% convinced!), but ready to go...

I tried doing screengrabs (Apple+Shift+3). it clicked OK, but can't find the images anywhere - so instead here are some quick digipix, I've boosted contrast and sharpness for easier legibility. Will these do you?

If you can get back to me reasonably soon, I can hold off doing more to the iBook for a while...

Cheers for now,

C.

Reaction score
Well what do you want to do with it?

If you have all that you need off it then I strongly recommend you do as Ric suggested and erase and install your HD then copy all you stuff back onto a fresh OSX.

Happy it's all worked out for you and that sucks having no dairy products :(

Reaction score
Oh yeah, no doubts at all about following Ric's suggestions - probably this evening, got some other stuff to attend to first. And as for dairy...hey, it ain't so tuff (aaarrrgghhhhh!!!).

Thanks fr all yr help,

Cheers,C.

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks, Chris. I got the pics via email thanks, they were fine. I will have look at them properly in a bit, just wanted to see if there was anything obvious on the root levle of the HD that would have caused problems...

...you carry on formating, installing etc. Erase and Install time.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric -

Well, it looks like an extremely happy ending! Erase/install all went fine and my iBook's happily humming along really smoothly - no sign of any HD problem. It's a delight not just to have it back, but back in better shape than it's been for a while. I'm now busy putting everything back on that I took off - completed getting on for 1000 pix in iPhoto, hadn't realised it was that many!

"You don't know what you've got till it's gone".

Thanks a bundle!

Cheers, Chris

Ric

Reaction score
Glad, It's all back working again. We're here to help !!

best wishes

Ric

Ask a Question