Lost documents - saved into ZIP Attachment

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

yesterday i lost some important documents, because i opened a zip attachment and started to work in an excel sheet and clicked "save" and not "save as...". Now i'm trying to find the lost changes.

What i tried so far: I tried in Excel > File > last opened documents... Nothing here
I tried to find out where the attachments were saved/downloaded: /Users/User/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/filename -> i found the zip folder, but it didn't have the changes applied.
I checked /temp - nothing in this folder.
I checked the trash bin for temp/recovered files. I found MerpAD Office365 - i don't know what this is and i couldn't open it with excel.

Does anybody have further advice? Would be very helpful for me.

Best regards,
Max

Please excuse my english

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not sure you can recover the documents with the changes unless you know exactly where you saved th edited document to and what the filename is.

Mail (Yosemite): View, save, or delete attachments

You could try following the steps in the link above to re-download the ZIP attachment, double-click it to unzip it, then open it in Excel to work on it.

C

Ask a Question