Lightscribe error

Reaction score
hello,

i just bought new Lacie d2 DVD±RW Drive of my Mac Os X 10.411, its working fine burning dvds and all, but the problem is i can print label.
The error message: A communication error has occurred with Lightscribe drive, please restart and try again.....which i did several times and still the same i even downloaded software update from lacie and the message said that i dont need an update....confused.....can somebody help me please?

ta,

Reaction score
hello,

i just bought new Lacie d2 DVD±RW Drive of my Mac Os X 10.411, its working fine burning dvds and all, but the problem is i can print label.
The error message: A communication error has occurred with Lightscribe drive, please restart and try again.....which i did several times and still the same i even downloaded software update from lacie and the message said that i dont need an update....confused.....can somebody help me please?

ta,

Would you believe that I've had this LaCie drive with Lightscribe for over a year and I had no idea what Lightscribe was! I have an Epson printer that prints on CD's & DVD's and as a result, probably didn't give it a second thought. I gather that you need special CD's & DVD's to use with Lightscribe. I would imagine that by using the lasers for copying data and printing must really put some wear and tear on the lasers. Anyway, thanks for bringing this up. I just downloaded the manual and will check it out. Incidentally, their support system is pretty good, from my experience.
http://www.lacie.com/support/index.htm

Reaction score
hi,

i sorted out this problem......all i needed to do its to update software for Lightscirbe you can download it from www.lacie.com

thank you in any ways and yes you do need special cd's, but careful with printing cause colours on preview and printed does not match at all.....

ta,

Ask a Question