Lacie LightScribe external drive invisible - Please, help.

Reaction score
I'm having a hard making my LaCie LightScribe work with my Macs. It's Porsche Design FireWire drive (appears, I'd better say appeared, as TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S162L)

It was working for a while, but one day the DiscLabeller software started crashing whenever the drive was connected. Lacie website advised me to download updates and reinstall the software. One of the updates was for the firmware for the drive itself.

However, after that the LightScribe drive became "invisible" as a CD/DVD burning device. System profiler recognizes it only as a FireWire device.

I've tried to connect it my other Mac, but I got the same problem.

I've tried reinstalling all the software and drivers, but the LaCie still appears only as a FireWire device. Lacie.drprofile file is in the Library.

Has anyone got any idea where the problem is and how can it be solved?
Thanx

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

did the firmware install go okay ?

Can you try the Firmware update again, then shutdown turn the drive off, then startup again...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanx for reply.
How can I find out, if the driver was installed correctly?

All receipts are in their place in the library and DiscBurning/DeviceProfiles contains lacie's file.

The drive shows up in the System Profiler among firewire devices, not with disc burning. I have now removed all the files associated with Lacie, and try all the process again.

I'll try different approach, and will come back to the forum.

Ask a Question