Life in the old dog!

Reaction score
At the age of 66 years of age I thought my competitive running days were behind me.
After a general drop in running and racing performance I decided I needed some guidance and sought out a coach.
My new coach has rekindled my running appetite andI am really enjoying this new lease of life.
The last week has been one of the best weeks of my running life, at the Midland Masters track and field champs I took a Silver in the 5000m and an hour and a half later a Silver in the 1500m. My 5000m time of 21:33 was enough to qualify for selection to the England masters team to race against Wales at the Tenby 5k.
This weekend I ran the 1500m at the British masters champs and although I was out of the medals, I clocked 6:04.10 in 5th place for a new m65 club record.
It's never too late!

small.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Congrats!

My uncle is 69 and still runs also. He sticks with mainly 5K and half marathons these days, but has been running competitively since 1990. His most recent 5K time was 26:18 in the 65-69 group.

Keep at it and well done!

C

Ask a Question