SOLVED Possible end of life laptop battery...soon?

Reaction score
Finding early issues with my battery pack on my MacBookPro retina 13 inch early 2015 running Mojave 10.14.6. After a full charge overnight I can turn the laptop off and then reboot next morning and at first it shows prior battery level ,which is high. After a few seconds it will not boot and displays silhouette of dead battery with red at left end. I cannot get the laptop to run at all even though I know its at 97%, say. I have to plug the power cord on and then the laptop will decide to run and show correct battery power level. When I remove the power cord after less than a few minutes, only enough for the laptop to fire up, at this time the laptop will run perfectly down to a low level using battery only. When I click the battery icon it says “Condition: Replace Soon” I suspect I have some time because that is the first level of battery issue. Having watched a youtube vid this seems to be a replacement that I do not want to tackle. Question 1, approx how much time do I have to save up for this repair? Question 2 how much do I have to save up for this repair, typically, average? We have a Mac authorized dealer locally who is not a national chain but a one store company and they have worked on battery replacements on our iPhones and we love them. Guess I am calling them soon. What do you guys think? This laptop was bought by me new in late 2015 and I am the only owner. I do not mind paying for a new battery but am concerned it might be $500+ Is this worth it or should I buy a brand new MacBook Pro 13 or 15?Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Thanks Cory. Everyone selling these battery packs give strong admonition against performing this repair if you are not experienced. I watched a couple of youtube videos and decided to take it to my local repair shop that is Apple certified. Cost $300 and they changed out the battery while I waited. Took the tech 20 minutes. Half the time of you tubers but this guy performs this kind of work daily. Will list as "solved" Thanks for the info but I did not feel comfortable trying this repair.

Ask a Question