Lid Closed Running Possible`

Reaction score
Alright this is the sometimes PC user coming out in me. But on my previous PC laptops I could set my computer to not hibernate/shut down/sleep, whatever you want to call it when I closed the lid and it was plugged in. I like to leave my instant messanger and mail programs logged on with away messages up over night in case someone needs to leave me a message, but with the mac, unlike the PC when I close the lid it closes all of my connections and I guess the correct term would be it hibernates. I have tried to change this and have had no luck. I would really like to be able to close the lid when it is plugged in becuase of where I have it at night, but want my connections and apps to stay active. Here is my current setup of OS as well for any other info need. Thanks in advance for any help everyone.

Mac OSX 10.4.8
System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.8 (8L127)
Kernel Version: Darwin 8.8.0

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

well the 'green' thing to do would be to turn it off and save some electricity overnight... ;-)

You could just turn down the brightness.

There is software such as InsomniaX but this can overheat your Mac...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question