Latest version of I TUNES won't open on my MAC OS X 10.4.2!

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a problem with opening I TUNES on my MAC OS X version 10.4.2. When I went to update some programs on my computer, the latest version of I TUNES was downloaded and I am not able to open it on my computer. Every time I try, a message appears saying that I need MAC OS X 10.4.7 or later in order to run I TUNES. I have attepted to upgrade my entire computer through some programs I found online. However, it has not worked. Is there any way to put the appropriate version of I TUNES back on my computer? I would be very grateful for any support on this matter!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Did you add any plugins (something like iLike or visualizers); if so, try removing them from their library locations and stash them in a safe place while you try to restart iTunes.

Reaction score
Run Software Update from your Mac in order to update your Mac applications. That's always safer than downloading from other locations. Software Update is the second menu in the Apple menu on the upper left-hand corner.

Another thing you could try doing is repairing permissions. According to Apple, occasionally the user permissions associated with files or applications become damaged, which can prevent a file or application from working as it should. See this article. So, you might want to try to run Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility). Open the application, select the mounted volume for your hard drive and click "repair disk permissions."

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Just to add to the great advice given above ^, if all else fails you can download prior versions of iTunes from this link.

If the version of iTunes you currently can't install is version 7.6 then that only works if you have Panther (10.3.x) or Tiger 10.4.7 and later, but not anything in between, apparently.

Ask a Question