Keychain Problem

Reaction score
Hello again. I am running a MacBook Pro with the latest and greatest OS. I am suddenly getting "Keychain not found." I enter (what I think is) my Apple password and do not get the screen shaking to indicate an incorrect password.

But the "Keychain not found" screen remains and annoyingly on top of all other apps, I might add.

Problem started a few minutes ago. I plugged in my Kindle and the icon appeared. I then clicked on the icon, but only an empty window appeared. No folders.

I decided to restart the computer. On restart, I got this Keychain problem.

Now a couple of red herrings that are probably not the source of the problem. Last night I disabled Java as per the latest virus scare. Two days ago I plugged in a neat 1TB HD and activated Time Machine. The HD is still plugged in and seems to be doing fine.

OK, so how can I get rid of this "Keychain Not Found?" "Reset to Defaults" + password does not help. "Cancel" takes me to "IMessage Password" I put in my yahoo mail password and am back to the "Keychain Not Found."

Your thoughts?

Reaction score
Found and ran keychain repair. That seems to have fixed it, but with some weird effects on Mail, which keeps asking me for my yahoo and gmail passwords.

Reaction score
Find those entries in your Keychain and delete them. Then it should create new entries for them.

Reaction score
OK, this morning my Mac did not logon to the net by itself. It asked me for my password. Things seem to be working, but not smoothly.

Ask a Question