Keychain problems in Sierra

Reaction score
Hi, some of my apps suddenly stopped working, crashing on startup, and looking at the Console I see thousands of messages like this for every app and proccess running:

trustd not switching as we're not in ~/Library/Keychains/: /Library/Keychains/System.keychain (0)
trustd not switching as we're not in ~/Library/Keychains/: /System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates.keychain (0)
trustd not switching as we're not in ~/Library/Keychains/: /System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates.keychain (0)
com.apple.WebKit.Networking switching to keychain-db: /Users/xx/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/gojko/Library/Keychains/login.keychain (0 1 0 1)
com.apple.WebKit.Networking not switching as we're not in ~/Library/Keychains/: /Library/Keychains/System.keychain (0)
XPCKeychainSandboxCheck switching to keychain-db: /Users/xx/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/gojko/Library/Keychains/login.keychain (0 1 0 1)
PCKeychainSandboxCheck not switching as we're not in ~/Library/Keychains/: /Library/Keychains/System.keychain (0)
SpamSieve switching to keychain-db: /Users/xx/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/gojko/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db (0 1 1 1)
Spotlight switching to keychain-db: /Users/xx/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/gojko/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db (0 1 1 1)
mds switching to keychain-db: /Users/xx/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/gojko/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db (0 1 1 1)
Finder switching to keychain-db: /Users/xx/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/gojko/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db (0 1 1 1)
usernoted switching to keychain-db: /Users/xx/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/gojko/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db (0 1 1 1)
CacheDeleteExtension switching to keychain-db: /Users/xx/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db from /Users/gojko/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db (0 1 1 1)

I've tried to move keychains from Library/Keychains and User/Library/Keychains to desktop and restart, but more or less the same messages are spamming the Console. I've even tried to move entire Keychain folders to desktop and restart so the System could create new ones but id didn't help.

I uploaded the Console report for "On1 Photo" app crash.

Attachments

• On1 crash.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 450

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Do you have more than one user (xx and gojko) on the Mac? It looks like it is not using the current user's (xx) keychain, but switching to another user's (gojko) keychain for some reason.
-Have you performed any type of migration or restore from a backup previously, or changed the user name?

C

Reaction score
Oh sorry, the xx is gojko, I've changed it in text edit for security reasons, but I missed some..
Anyway, I did migrate from Mavericks. What I do every time I install a new System is to give the User the same name and password so I don't have just this kind of problems. But I didn't migrate right away, I wanted to see if I will be happy with Sierra, so when I tried to migrate Sierra made a new "gojko" account and made a backup of older "gojko" account. So maybe there is something wrong here, but the thing is that all worked for more than a month, and then I had problems with some apps crashing and this keychain problems.
I will try to reinstall Sierra again over this installation and see if problems persist. I just don't want to reinstall all software again.. Mac is not what it used to be, it's more and more becoming a mobile and entertainment company.
Thanks for your reply Cory, will post the results once I'm done..

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
There is the issue...since you had already created an account, when you migrated the old account, it would have given it a slightly different name, which could cause the issue you are experiencing.

If you have a full backup, you could just create a new admin account called test, login to it, delete both of the other accounts, then migrate just the old user account over.

Make sense?

C

Reaction score
I want to report that Sierra 10.12.2 update soved my problem..for now...
Thank you Cory for your help. Anyway, I tried before with creating new accounts, admin and guest, and there was the same problem with newly created accounts, without touching anything.

Ask a Question