Erasing saved keychain passwords and credit cards.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am not bad with computers but know very little when it comes to data protection, etc...

A few months back, I logged in under Apple ID on my (now) ex's MacBook to upload a local file to my iCloud from a Mac-only app.

Recently, I bought myself a MacBook and logged-in using my Apple ID. What is odd is that it seems that all our keychain passwords and saved credit card numbers have "merged": I have access to all his saved passwords and saved CC numbers as well as mine.

Having now broken up, I'm not 100% sure whether if he also has access to my data.

How does one go about erasing all passwords and CC numbers saved online by Apple? I know I will obviously have to change my passwords, but I want to make sure anytime I now save a new password/CC number they will not also be accessible by him.

Hope this makes sense and thank you in advance for your help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It could be a bit tricky to remove your information from his Mac. The first step would be to sign out of your Apple ID on his Mac. This must happen, because even if you change all of your passwords and information, it will still sync with his Mac because your Apple ID is signed in.

C

Ask a Question