keychain password problem

Reaction score
I'm trying to login to a website, and a box keeps popping up asking for a keychain password. The problem is I don't ever remember setting a password for this, and the password I use to login to my account doesn't work. I've also logged into this site before without a password. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Reaction score
To check this open Keychain Access in your Utilities Folder. If it opens your keychain then find the Web Site in the Key Chain list and delete it.

If your login password is not working with your keychain then you might as well delete the old Keychain file and start a new one.

This will result in ALL the saved passwords needing to be re-entered as required. This includes, networks, wireless, mail, servers, mobileMe and more!

~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain "compress" to a zip and then Trash the keychain file and put the zip somewhere safe.

Log out and back in.

Ask a Question