Keyboard lifting on powerbook?

Reaction score
Was just given a powerbook g4. I noticed the keyboard seems to be lifting, especially on one side. At the moment it's not effecting typing but its a bit annoying. Its not specific keys but the whole keyboard sections. If I wanted to I bet I could life the whole thing completely off. I tried to gently press it to see if it was just not sitting right or something but it hasn't change it. Is this normal with macs? I'm new to them and not quite comfortable with fiddling around with them yet. :confused:

Reaction score
Make sure it's not the battery swelling, when they are really old they sometimes do.
Note: they are only rated for 300-400 cycles.

Reaction score
Stupid question? What are cycles?

And that cant be it anyway, the battery is new. It was never used much before cause it needed a battery which my bro just bought for it new. It's the keyboard I can even lift it up off the lap top. Is there no way to secure it? :/

a played around with it a bit and it feels slight better...what connects it to the laptop? It just feels slightly off

Reaction score
They are the number of times the battery has been through its recharge cycle.

Oh, the very old g4s. There is 2 gaps in the F key row, there are small catches that need to be rotated into place to secure your keyboard. Ensure the front is in first.

Ask a Question