Just got my new/used PC and having trouble

Reaction score
Hey guys! First Thread and post here at Mac-Help.com

I have bought my cousins old Mac off him. Its a G5 non-Intel Mac, PPC. He did not erase his hard prior to giving it to me so he left it up to me to do it. Great, give the PC guy the task of erasing the hard disk. Well, after some digging around online and finding out how, I thought I would give it a shot. I put in the Install disk and Kernel Panic came up. Immediately I was like...Oh Sh*t.! What did I do?! Give me a message unable to load driver Powermac 12,1 or something like that. It is the OEM Install disc and I believe he has 10.4 on it.

What should I do? If you need more info like pics of install discs I can throw them up.

Reaction score
No need to Erase the HD, just create a new User Account and Delete the old Accounts.

A G5 iMac, I'm not sure your cousin likes you;-)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Follow Kaveman's suggestion but It might be worth putting up some pics of the disc/s so we can tell you whether or not they are kosher. Sooner or later you just might need those discs and ONLY the ones that were originally sold with that Mac OR a set of Full Retail or Universal Discs suitable for your G5 will get you out of potential hot water.

Ask a Question