iTunes strange message!

Reaction score
I get this strange message in iTunes occasionally.
Is this a dangerous thing to allow?
pd-nk

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 1.25.15 PM.png.zip
    148.4 KB · Views: 217
Reaction score
What exact Mac model are you using?

And, what exact Mac OS are you running?

It seems like a Permissions issue, but need to know the things I stated above first.

Reaction score
What exact Mac model are you using?

And, what exact Mac OS are you running?

It seems like a Permissions issue, but need to know the things I stated above first.
iMac 27 inch late 2013 3.5Ghz Intel core i7 32GB Ram

OSX Beta 5 10.11.2

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Due to the beta licensing from Apple, we cannot support that version of OS X. If this is regarding a beta version of iTunes, the same would hold true. And, if it is a beta, then you will experience issues like this from time to time - hence the term beta software. There are official Apple Developer Forums where you can post questions and concerns with their yet unreleased software.

However, this has been an issue for some in the past: iTunes can’t verify the identity of the server

We strongly encourage everyone to have a current Time Machine or other backup of their data at all times, and to never run beta software on your main Mac. You should always have a dedicated Mac, or at least a dedicated hard drive for testing purposes.

C

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Due to the Beta licensing from Apple, we cannot support that version of OS X. If this is regarding a beta version of iTunes, the same would hold true. And, if it is a beta, then you will experience issues like this from time to time - hence the term beta software. There are official Apple Developer Forums where you can post questions and concerns with their yet unreleased software.

However, this has been an issue for some in the past: iTunes can’t verify the identity of the server

We strongly encourage everyone to have a current Time Machine or other backup of their data at all times, and to never run best software on your main Mac. You should always have a dedicated Mac, or at least a dedicated hard drive for testing purposes.

C

Cory is ABSOLUTELY correct, especially in running beta software. Also, instead of "to never run best software on your main Mac", I suspect he meant "to never run beta software on your main Mac". That accurate statement is certainly accurate for beta software, and especially a beta of Mac OS software.

I actually have a couple of external hard drives that I could use for testing beta software, but I have no interest in doing that at all.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
NOTE: My post edited as honestone pointed out - beta not best.

Thanks!

C

Ask a Question