Itunes showing lock sign next to airport speakers

Reaction score
Hi, I've just reset my airport in order to sort out some problems with the network. It's all up and running again, but I can't select the airport speakers in Itunes. They're grayed out and there's a lock symbol next them in the dropdown in the bottom right hand corner. Any suggestions?

Thx:confused:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi dingding ;)

Are you running the most recent Firmware Version on your Airport station? If not, I suggest you perform the update.

Then just go into all the settings and maybe deselect them one at a time, then quit both iTunes and the Airport app. Then relaunch them and put back the settings. This might jog things around a bit and have a positive effect for you .... it's worth a try. I think if the Firmware update doesn't work, then removing the speakers from the equation, then adding them back again might just do the trick ;)

I have no experience with remote speakers as I am connected to a fully wired system.

Here's how to update the firmware:

MacintoshHD ~> Applications ~> Utilities ~> AirPort Utility.app

Or the following Apple website: Apple Support Downloads

Ask a Question