Issues in Saving Documents with Word 2011

Reaction score
I am running Word 2011 on my Mac and am having trouble with the dialog box that comes up when I am saving a document in that the box is too long for my screen. The bottom of the box is so far off of the bottom of the screen that I can't re-size it to fit. I can re-size from the left and right, but not from the bottom. The problem is that at the bottom of the screen is where the "Save" button is as well as the option to create new folders. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-What resolution are you running on your Mac's display?
-Is it possible to upload a screenshot?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I am working on a MacBook Pro using OS X El Capitan. Resolution is 1280X800. But I seemed to have solved the problem by switching to full screen mode rather than a partial one. Any thoughts as to why this might have happened?

Reaction score
I use Office 2011, and have never experienced this (although I rarely change the resolution on either of my machines). In case you need it Chris, the latest version of Office 2011 for the Mac is V14.6.1, which you can get from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51174&WT.mc_id=rss_allproducts_office

Also, if you are using Versions 10.11.0, 10.11.1, or 10.11.2 of El Capitan, Version 10.11.3 is available (came out almost a month ago). You can get the OS 10.11.3 Combo Updater from here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1859?locale=en_US

(By the way, Version 10.11.4 of El Capitan has been in beta testing for a while, and could be released very shortly).

Ask a Question