Is there a reset button

Reaction score
I am new to the PowerPC world, just purchased a used one a few weeks ago. I was learning how to use the PowerPC, but now it will not turn on. The power is plugged in and the cord is good. Is there a reset button somewhere, or am I missing something else.:confused:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Can you let us know what type of Mac you have ?

Reset button's are in various places...

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

from memory there isn't a reset button, but isn't there a 'rocker' switch at the back ?

What happens when you use that ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
The rocker switch is how I was turning it on and off. But when I went to use it today, it would not turn on with the switch

Ric

Reaction score
Do you get the 'buzz clunk' sound when flicking the switch ?

It may be time to get the Multimeter out...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
OK, the meter says that I am getting power from the plug, through the rocker switch and past the fuse on the power board. Where is the PRAM battery located at and can I change it? Also, when I took the case off, the was a round piece broken off the inside of the case. This piece fits into a round slot on the cover of the power board above a solid piece of plastic mounted on the board. Is this some kind of safety switch to insure the case is applied?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Not sure what the plastic piece you found is...might have broken-off when you opened it?

Here is a link with a page that has the battery location:

http://www.macgurus.com/products/motherboards/mbppc5200.php

Yes, you can change it...you can get a replacment battery at RadioShack and many other electronics stores. The battery has the following specs:

4.5V alkaline CMOS

It's around $20. A Google search for "Mac 5200 battery" will turn up alot of online vendors as well.

C

Reaction score
The PRAM battery did not help, and I found a reset switch on the motherboard which also did not help. Guess the power supply is messed up. Thanks all for the help

Reaction score
OK, my bad. The MAC was working and then I moved it to another location. But I forgot to plug the keyboard in, so I did not use the Start button to turn it on. Plugged the keyboard in and now it works great. May be writing again later on when I come up with more questions. Again thanks for all of the assistance to a beginner and I guess I learned a lot about the insides of a MAC because of my OPPS

Ask a Question