SOLVED Is there a Mac dedicated virtual service ?

Reaction score
Hi All,
I need your advice.

I am currently working on project that requires a fair bit of processing but I do not think my current Mac Bookpro may be able to handle such processing.

Unfortunately, I do not have the funds to purchase a new Mac.

I am wondering if there is some sort of dedicated virtual service that acts like a Mac?
Sorry, I am not technical. For example, if I can log in into a service that acts like a Mac and lets me upload and download files. And secure.

Is there such service?

Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model MacBook Pro do you have - you can see in  > About This Mac
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-What kind of project are you working on?
-What software are you using?

I would guess that your MBP is good enough for most projects, depending on the age of course.

It sounds like you are asking if there are any services that allow you to login to a Mac and use it like you would your own. MacStadium has Mac minis that you can pay a monthly fee and use remotely:
-Remote Desktop
-Pricing - Starting at $59 USD/mo.

MacStadium is a great company - I used their colocation and Mac minis for web hosting for years, from when they were Macminicolo through their merger with MacStadium.

C

Reaction score
Thank you so much Corey.

MacStadium is exactly I was looking for. MacStadium did not show up on my search for a service like this.

I believe I was searching for the wrong key words.

Thank you.
Jose

Ask a Question