Is my MAC being hacked

Reaction score
I got a message that my screen was being observed on my MacBook. What should I do?

Reaction score
I got a message that my screen was being observed on my MacBook. What should I do?
Without knowing what model MacBook you have and what version of macOS you are running, I would suggest going to Screen Sharing and making sure it’s turned off. Enable it only if you need access to your display from another Mac/location. You may wish to check your other settings, e.g. file sharing, printer sharing, etc. Enable Sharing only if and when you really need to share them.

Reaction score
Thank you for your help, Tony. I did all you suggested and all settings were off. BTW I am using a MacBook Pro with Sonoma version 24.2.1

Reaction score
Sonoma 14.4 (23E214) was recently released. A lot of improvements and security updates have been issued since 14.2.1 and I recommend doing the update before anything else. I had been keeping up with all of the beta releases (on a couple of external drives, of course) and v. 14.4 is quite stable, as far as I can tell, after at least three days of running. Hopefully this will fix your problem with the screen share error. Don’t forget to do full backups before updating.

Reaction score
look in System Preferences for remote access settings and check Activity Monitor for anything strange. Run antivirus software, keep your Mac up-to-date, and secure your Wi-Fi with a strong password or a VPN. Change important passwords and turn on the firewall.

Ask a Question