Is 800 battery cycle counts bad?

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Macbook Pro 13" from eBay with an Apple warranty. Only to discover that the battery cycle count is over 800, considering the laptop is under 2 years old, isn't that a little bad? I downloaded a batter monitor and my battery is apparently, still 91% of its original capacity, if so, how has the battery percentage been retained when the cycle count is so high?

What should I do? Does the Apple warranty/care cover high cycle counts?

(The battery also doesn't charge, but that's another matter).

Thanks

Reaction score
I have a mid 2013 13" MacBook Air that I purchased in February 2014, and using the Battery Check feature of TechTool Pro, it shows the cycle count of only 32 out of 1000, with a Capacity Life Remaining of 99.2 %, and a Cycle Life Remaining of 96.8 %. Of course, I don't use my MacBook Sir very much while just running off the battery.

Does your cycle count of 800 say out of how much? I just downloaded and ran Cocoanut Battery, and it said the same stats (except for the cycle cut "out of" figure, which it does not state).

Ask a Question