Need Real Help to get rid of (error code -8003)

Reaction score
About a year ago I decided to drop file folders from Time Machine into the trash bin (stupid mistake). For the longest time I couldn't empty my trash, I constantly searched the web for ways of fixing the problem. I have tried all sorts of things and for awhile I thought the issue no longer existed (the Time Machine files were deleted from the trash bin). I plugged the Time Machine into the computer and everything seemed normal again. Unfortunately, today I wanted to empty my trash and was unable to.

Again I am seeing this pop up repeatedly:

The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003).

I desperately need a solution to this problem because the mac desktop I've been working on is not mine and I have to return it in less than a year from now.

Reaction score
Hi,

If you deleted these files from your Time Machine backup using Finder, then I suspect you will have destroyed your backup.
And I may be wrong :confused:but to fully remove this TB error you will need to reformat the hard drive, then reload the original OS X from disk.

There is software like Trash it for Mac and of course you have direct access via terminal, but I would recommend nether option.

Reaction score
Hi,

A full disk can cause all sorts of issues, recommend getting an external and save some files to it. Personally I would never let my internal disk get more than a quarter full.

Reaction score
I'm trying to empty trash of backups from Time Machine in our Drobo (error code 8003 won't let me do it). Does anyone know how to do that?

Mac Pro - OS 10.6.8

Reaction score
Hi,

I must ask why you deleted these backups, because once your external TM disk becomes full it will make room by automatically deleting the oldest backup and replacing it with the latest one.

Edit: Feel my first post here applies.

Reaction score
I had been backing TM files on Drobo. Decided a 1TB external drive would be better, so needed to get "backups" files off of the Drobo. Was completely stuck, but found "Trash It" by simply Googling my problem and that did the job (free and small download) did the job for me.

Reaction score
Thanks. Didn't use until others recommended because you didn't, and I was still looking for other options. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question