iPhone 7 sharing videos by email

Reaction score
I am running iOS 13.2 - upgraded recently.
When I try to share a video by email from the Photos app, I have a problem. I see the video is preparing. But then instead of opening up the Mail app, my phone goes back to the home screen. This problem started when I upgraded to 13.1.3.
Please help. I miss this easy way to share videos!
Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-It may just be processing...how long did you give it?
-How large is the video? They may be larger than your email provider's attachment size limit.
-Who is your email provider?

C

Reaction score
I have tried multiple short videos. Gmail is my provider. I never had problems before I updated my phone. In the past, after the video was done preparing, my mail app would automatically open with the video attached.
Thank you

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm

Have you tried simply closing all apps, then powering off and powering on your iPhone?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, it makes sense.

Do you have your Gmail account setup in the Mail app on the iPhone? If so, can you send and receive email that way?

C

Reaction score
Yes I do. And yes I can send and receive. I can attach videos in Gmail and send that way. Just more steps and I am lazy!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I just made a 5 second video and tried to send it via email in the iOS 13.2 Photos app. It never does...I hit the send button and the mail window closes without sending.

Will look into it further.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...it did finally send.

I will let you know if I find anything additional.

C

Reaction score
Cellular - Sprint. But I just tried with Wi-Fi. No luck........ It is like the upgrades just took that feature away!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...it does seem that way, but it works on my iPhone 6s running 13.2. 13.2.2 was just released...maybe try updating to that?

C

Last edited:

Ask a Question