SOLVED Trouble syncing iPhone to Mac air

Reaction score
With my old iPhone 6 and MacBook Pro I would connect them with the cable and in iTunes I could choose pics, music, etc. to sync. With my XR and Mac Air, I connect them and get nothing. Is it just me? I don't want all my music and pics on my phone. I want to be able to select what I carry on the phone. How do I do that?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X/macOS on the Air?
-Which version of iTunes?
-Which version of iOS on the iPhones?
-Newer iPhones and versions of iOS require you to unlock the iPhone before you can sync or use accessories. Is iTunes prompting you?

Since it is a new iPhone, you may have to change what syncs from within iTunes:
Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory - Thanks for your reply.

When I finally got that far, I had to tweak a couple preferences and permissions. The main problem turned out to be a faulty cable. Sometimes it's the simple things I guess.

Thanks again!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I thought about the cable, as that does happen, but rarely...more with non-Apple third-party cables.

Yeah, I figured it would make you unlock it. That is a newer security feature, so others can't use some devices to read data without your approval.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question