Trouble finding a Dictionary Widget for Mac

Reaction score
I was having a look for a new dictionary widget at https://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/, as the old one I was using is outdated and therefore I can't copy/paste the results of a word search.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement, one where the resultant word definition from a search can be selected to be copy pasted?

In the website I linked, I can't even find where the dictionary widgets are! If a dictionary widget isn't under "Information" or "search", just what category exactly would it be under!? A search on this website produces a few results- all of which seem to be for IOS devices, and I can't work out how to filter by device/compatibility!

A search on the App Store for "dictionary widget" produces only one result for a "Universal Translator & Widget"- not helpful!

Not exactly user friendly as usual, apple... if I didn't know any better I'd think they don't want my business! It shouldn't be necessary to ask on a forum just to get a hold of something as simple as a dictionary widget!
Anyway, whinge over.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

I remember looking for a replacment for the Oxford Dictionary widget a while back, but we didn't find anything. I do know that the Dictionary app in OS X/macOS does allow you to search for a word, then select and copy the definition. I know it may not be as easy as the previous solution, but it does work.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hi again Cory. Man, you're like a one-man army on here huh?

Well it might not be a widget version, but hey- it's something for now!
I'm always grateful for your input. Cheers.

Reaction score
found no widgets...... just down loaded the world web pro and chambers thesaurus under10$ for both .......they are good, user friendly w/simple interface but not geared for encyclopedic definitions, great for off line use...... the app store

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries. Not a one-man army at all...I may just have a bit more free time than most. ;)

Thanks for the additional dennisfcampbell.

C

Ask a Question