iOS 7 With Redesigned Interface and New Features Available September 18

Reaction score
Apple today announced that iOS 7 will be available starting September 18 to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users as a free software update. iOS 7 has a completely redesigned user interface and hundreds of new features, including Control Center, Notification Center, improved Multitasking, AirDrop, enhanced Siri, and more. And it introduces iTunes Radio, a free Internet radio service based on the music you listen to on iTunes. In addition, iOS 7 has been engineered with deep technical and design integration with both iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. “iOS 7 is completely redesigned with an entirely new user interface and over 200 new features, so it’s like getting a brand new device, but one that will still be instantly familiar to our users,” said Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering.

Continue reading...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really looking forward to giving IOS7 a go on my iPhone 4S. It feels like the iPhone came out a lot longer than 6 years ago!

The control center is probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most - it's something that works so well on Android. If only there was an equivalent "tasker" app :).

Reaction score
Extreme mod Apps like "tasker" go hand in hand with 78% malware, I'll stick with safety over universal mods, thanks.

I like purchasing stuff on my iPhone.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is Tasker really that bad? I've not used it myself, but heard good things about it : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

The reminders app on the iPhone can do the basics (for example, remind me to turn the oven on when I get home). If we could expand that sort of geolocation to allow other things then that would be very handy. A friend of mine uses Tasker to turn his phone on silent whenever he's at work, then back on normal volume when he leaves. Of course, that's just a basic example, but it sounds like there could be room for something like this on the iPhone without getting into the realms of dodgy software.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the location services APIs are available to iOS developers... Out of the hundreds of thousands of apps on the App Store, chances are there are some that make good use of it?

Reaction score
This is common for most of life's changes. Rest assured that Apple does not normally do change for change sake, and the the changes they make are to improve things for us Users.

Reaction score
Have to say I'm enjoying the way iOS7 handles certain things. Air drop is extremely handy on the iPad but a shame it is not included on the iPhone 4s.

Reaction score
It doesn't have the required Hardware, so it's there but just can't be enabled.

Ask a Question