insufficient privileges

Reaction score
Hi,

I have troubles removing files from cd-rom and rewritable dvd's. I have a macbook pro with leopard, but i had the same problem with my previous mac, an ibook g4. Even when i use the disk utilities program, it is still impossible to remove the files. I always get the error message that I do not have sufficient privileges (even though i'm administrator). Could anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What do you mean when you say you want to 'Remove files from CD-ROM & RW DVD's' ? Are you trying to remove a file from a disc onto your HD? Or are you trying to delete the file from a disc?

Reaction score
I've had the "insufficient privileges" thwarting. It just happened while installing an upgrade to Dragthing. I unlocked "Sharing & Permissions" in Get Info for the app. Changed everything I could to "Read & Write", but no joy. Eventually removed the version (5.9.1) in Applications to a parking folder, then bunged 5.9.2 into Applications. It worked. I reasoned that all the support files (Prefs, settings, etc.) would remain the same, so I wouldn't lose anything. If you're copying from CDs that may not be the case.

Reaction score
(I just did a Quick reply, but I don't think it got through.)
I've had the "insufficient privileges" thwarting. It just happened while installing an upgrade to Dragthing. I unlocked "Sharing & Permissions" in Get Info for the app. Changed everything I could to "Read & Write", but no joy. Eventually removed the version (5.9.1) in Applications to a parking folder, then bunged 5.9.2 into Applications. It worked. I reasoned that all the support files (Prefs, settings, etc.) would remain the same, so I wouldn't lose anything. If you're copying from CDs that may not be the case. I've just changed from Tiger on G4 to Panther on intel iMac.

Ask a Question