Installed Norton antivirus, now computer totally blocked trying to uninstall.

Reaction score
Installed Norton antivirus, now computer totally blocked trying to uninstall. MacBook Pro Big Sur. Help!
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ches Pocket

Reaction score
Ouch! You can try AppCleaner to remove it. My favorite uninstaller was AppDelete but it is not supported any longer. AppCleaner is the best replacement I found so far.

Reaction score
Ouch! You can try AppCleaner to remove it. My favorite uninstaller was AppDelete but it is not supported any longer. AppCleaner is the best replacement I found so far.
Hi Toney, thanks but can't even open the system. Cant login.. nothing. When I try open there is Just a 'pop-up' saying connect to wifi, which i'm not able to do.

Reaction score
Sounds like NAV did a number on your system. Are you able at all to boot into Recovery? Your first step is to try and reinstall macOS. The firmware on your Mac will determine which version of macOS will be offered to you. If it’s something older than Big Sur, go ahead and reinstall anyway. You can always upgrade afterwards. If Recovery cannot even recognize your startup drive, you will have to run Disk Utility, erase it (selecting APFS, not HFS), before you can install the new system.

I’m hoping that you have a Time Machine backup to restore your previous data afterwards.

One thing about Recovery is that you will have to be connected to the internet. If your hardware was damaged and your wifi is not working, you will probably need to take it in for repair.

Ask a Question