In extreme need of help!!! I really am.

Reaction score
Need to get back to work and here is my situation beyond being broke enough to not hire someone to fix this......
So, I have a late 2008 mac pro running the updated 10.10 Yosemite. Last week I got some kind of adware that messed up my hard drive and my dumb ass had erased some much needed hidden files in an extreme cleaning frenzy I was on so fixing my problem was anything but easy. I could only get my mac started in recovery mode. It would not start in any other. Trust me I tried every which way from Sunday. Ow, let me back track for a second I got a replacement video card about 4 months ago that will only send out a signal once the mac is up and running. I have reset the pram ran fsck or whatever it is. But, in the end I reinstalled Yosemite and lost a lot of files but it was working till 2 nights ago when it happened all over again. Except this time when in disk utilities my drive was damaged. So brand new hard drive tapped into recovery mode as it is my only option ever, partitioned my new hard drive and installed Yosemite. Installed it this morning made sure everything was secure. and spent the last 12 hours putting all of my programs on it. When I was all done turned on firevault and hit restart. Now, once again, I can not get my mac to start except in recovery mode. When there I checked and my "drive appears to be ok" but can not verify permissions? When I click on the apple and choose start-up disk I am told that my drive is encrypted and need to unlock it so I do then I hit restart and all I get are the sounds it makes for the first half of the restart process then nothing. I then did a hard shutdown and now when I try to start up again nothing but the start-up chime and fans running all out. Can anyone help me please? Code for terminal or just some funky trick someone has come up with? I am broke and really need to get back to work.

Ask a Question