Airport Extreme Base Station and Bt Broadband help needed !

Reaction score
Can anyone who's had trouble configuring the Airport Extreme Base station to thier broadband internet connection give me a shout. I'm having trouble getting it up and running with a BtInternet account.

New to Mac so feeling a little out of my depth

Have a bunch of settings from my ISP but they don't mean much to me at this stage!

Thanks
Tara

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Tara and welcome,

I have an Airport Extreme Base Station & a BT Internet Connection...

Let me know what you need to know ?

How is your Base Station physically connecting to the Internet ? What modem do you have ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks Ric,

Having visited the apple store today I may have the answer!
When I originally bought the airport extreme base station I was told that's all I would need to run my broadband connection wirelessly. I didn't realise I would have to run the bt router into the airport extreme...seems a bit crazy! Means two boxes and extra cabling all over the floor.
I presume this is what you are doing?

I'm surprised there is no way to configure the airport extreme with settings from the ISP to run directly from the phone connection with the base station.

tara

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Tara,

Unfortunately the Base Station doesn't have a built in ADSL Modem...

You need to plug an Ethernet cable into the base Station and then into the ADSL Router...

If you need help configuring let me know ! (I'll need to know what model ADSL/Modem/Router) you have !

Sounds like they didn't tell you the 'full' story...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question