Image Capture

Reaction score
I'm using Image Capture to transfer my photos from my iPhone to the backup folder in my Mac Mini. Initially copied all photos.

Now my question is... if I delete photos from my phone, will image capture delete the photos in the backup folder?

Will wait for answers here before I delete photos from my phone.

Thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Image Capture won't delete anything unless you tell it to. Does iCloud have anything to do with this backup?

If you have transferred your photos manually from your iPhone into a folder you set up on your Mac Mini then those photos will still be there when you delete them off the phone.

If you want to feel 100% sure, copy the folder that you put the photos into then you have that as a backup, even though you don't need it but it's there as a means of making you feel better about going ahead & deleting the photos off the iPhone.

Reaction score
okay thanks.

That was how I did my backups. I duplicated the image capture backup folder named Backup Pix. And I just copy from the backup folder to this folder. And I will just skip duplicates.

Ask a Question