iMac slowdown problem

Reaction score
Howdy,

I just recently purchased a new iMac, with 2GB of memory, 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM and a 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. I've had the thing for all of 2 months, and have done some video editing work on it. I deleted the video files, all of them, to free up space, and lo and behold, I didn't free up any space on my HD; there's still a 60gig chunk of space mysteriously absent.

And to add to that, just recently its begun to run suspiciously slow. Videos will stutter momentarily and even my ever-changing desktop backgrounds are enough to slow down my DVDs playing on my player, and usually when I turn off that feature, my stuff will still stutter and jerk.

Aside from Limewire, which I use to download torrents from, I have nothing else that could possibly be contributing to this. I'm taking the computer in in probably a week or so to get it checked, but figured I'd check with you guys on this to see if you could help.

Ask a Question