Imac really slow

Reaction score
I have an imac and have been having problems for some time now, it is very slow to open programs or just about anything else. I get the spinning ball on and off all the time. I have run several virus programs such as mackeeper and Sophus.
I finally installed Techtool Pro 6. In the past, TechTool has saved several macs that we have owned from the scrap heap with extremely good results. When I run the TechTool Pro 6, it checks out fine until I get to File Structures. It can't repair File Structures but indicates that it found 3 problems with my HP C7280 All-in-One printer.
Under "Customer Participation", it says:
(1)Problem Encountered unexpected character d on line 386854.
(2) Does not contain valid content Ser #/instance.plist
(3) Does not contain valid content config.plist
TechTool Pro 6 tells me that I should either delete the files or replace them with known good ones. I am at a loss here and need assistance. Do I totally delete the HP C7280 and reinstall it or what? I use the printer all the time and it has been a good one.

I have been having problems with my printer with the lights flashing and having to turn it off and back on.
I know just about enough about computers to get myself in trouble. My imac is so slow that it is really irritating. If anyone can help I certainly would appreciate it.

Ed

Reaction score
I have run several virus programs such as mackeeper and Sophus.
These will make the situation 10x worse. Delete all trace of them, if you can...

Run Utilities > Activity Monitor and see what process is running all the CPU cycles.

Reaction score
Hi,

Do I totally delete the HP C7280 and reinstall it or what? I use the printer all the time and it has been a good one.
I have been having problems with my printer with the lights flashing and having to turn it off and back on.
As a test I would fully delete the HP C7280 software and drivers, then run the Mac for a few days and see if there are improvements, if so look to replacing the printer as they are extremely cheap.

Ask a Question