Imac os x 10.2.8

Reaction score
savy guys and gals, sorry to bother you but I have a question? My pc got stolen and my friend gave me his old mac. Have never use a mac before and don't know what to do? it is a G4 OS X v. 10.2.8 my question is what do I have to isnstall to make it work. all I need is OFFICE, something to burn dvd/cds and anything that you sugest..... please help...... greatly appreaciated.....

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Did your friend give you the system disks? If not you will need to buy them so you have a system to install, do repairs, etc.

Sorry to hear about your PC... I really dislike thieves! I guess there is a silver lining in that you now have a Mac. :)

Reaction score
Dear Friend,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply to my message, indeed he provided the disks that he used before but for one reason when i tried to installed them, it says that they can only be installed on v. 10.4 or above.... so when I ckeck for updates it tells me that there are no more updates for the mac. so i dont get it.. is it a different OS just like in pc's me, xp, vista, and now 7... Does that mean that I have to purchased another OS for it.... thank you again for your time....

Ask a Question