iMac not receiving new email

Reaction score
Hello
I am having trouble with my email (IMAP). New emails download to my iPad but do not show on my iMac. I have had this issue once before and believe that it's something to do with the size of a single email (about 5GB maybe) ie - if I receive an email greater than 5GB, apple mail will not show any new emails. I have just checked my email on the Mac and the last one is dated 15/11/17 yet the same account on my iPad shows 17/11/17. I can access all my emails via web mail and if I delete the large one, all the subsequent emails can then be viewed on the iMac.

This biggest problem with this situation is that I do not even know that there are any new emails ie - there is no warning on the iMac except to sometimes see a message 'downloading x messages of y'. As a result, I do not see emails in a timely manner and then have to waste time accessing web mail.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this - and why the iMac behaves differently to the iPad?

I have also raised this issue with my ISP but they have no idea.

Thanks
Flandee

Reaction score
Perhaps your iPad is set to delete email from the server once downloaded?
Go into advanced settings and select mail, then select the mail account in question and go to advanced incoming mail settings and see if it's set to delete from server.

Reaction score
Hello Pasquanel
I looked for this setting on my iPad bit couldn't find it. I'm not sure that it's available as I'm using IMAP not POP.
Anyway the email is not deleted from the server after viewing it via the iPad as I can still access it via web mail in my Inbox.

Ask a Question