IMAC G-5 OS 10.3.9 Up-grade to ????

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an IMAC, G-5 (1.86 GHz Power PC G-5)), 1 GB of ram, running Mac OS10.3.9.

I’ m having trouble with Safari crashing at various sites or can not even get into a site.

I use Appleworks and depend on Quicken 2005 and was about to buy a new IMAC when the “NEW 2010 Quicken” was released.

With less than stellar reviews and taxes coming up, I would like counseling about a system upgrade that would allow the above to work, get the BEST bang for my $. I get different suggestions from the nice kids at the Apple Store but need advice as to what would work for now...

Please advise, thank you.

Ken--”OLD” Mac user...

Reaction score
One thing I'd strongly recommend is more and more RAM. You can never have enough RAM, especially with OS X and several RAM-hungry apps.

About the new 2010 Quicken, are you sure it'll work on a PPC Mac? I say this because my dual G5 PPC Mac was running well, but several key apps I use daily were only being updated to Intel Macs.

Another thing I would suggest is that you don't use your email as your user ID. Spammers harvest forums such as this in search of email addresses.

Ask a Question