Imac 27inch screen problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My imac 27inch late 2013 screen is showing as the attached pictures started yesterday. Only vertical green lines and backlight is on. Computer seem functions as normal. Only no display at all. Is it screen or graphic card problem?

Attachments

• mmexport1450774040410.jpg
    mmexport1450774040410.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 321

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, that is a sign of a failing video card. You can test it if you have an external monitor available to connect. If the issue is replicated on an external, then it is usually a video card issue. If the external displays normally, then it is an issue with the LCD panel and/or cable.

-Is the iMac covered by AppleCare?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You'll need an adapter - will depend on what type of connection the external monitor has.

C

Reaction score
hi
MacOS Sierra, (27-Inch iMac 2007 )
Mac Screen Problem Flickering, Weird Colors, Glitches & Bars/Lines .

But now my iMac stuck on the loading screen
can i get my file out some how

help please
Peter

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

You may be able to use an external display as previously mentioned. If the issue is only the LCD panel of the iMac, then you will get video on an external display. If it is the graphics card, then the issue will persist on the external display.

You could also try holding the Shift key down during startup. That will startup the iMac in Safe Mode, which will eliminate any software issues that could be causing it to hang at the Apple logo.

See if those options work and let us know.

C

Ask a Question