if I Sync it with our macbook pro.?

Reaction score
Hi, We have our first ipad (2019Apple ipad 10.2,A10) now and I want to set it up so that it is easy for my wife to use ( I did not realise that it was single user) but do not understand quite what will happen if I Sync it with our macbook pro. I have just set up an icloud account also. The macbook has years of old stuff on from two users. I don’t want to find it all on the ipad. any advice appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You can run the iPad standalone without connecting it to your Mac. You can use iCloud to sync contacts, calendars, photos, iPad backups, etc. and add apps with the App Store app and music/movies/books with the appropriate "store" apps. Or, you can sync photos/music/movies/books from the Mac if connected. When you sync from the Mac, you have control over what syncs.

If you are new to Apple mobiles devices, it would be best to read through the info on Apple's website: iPad Support. It will guide you through setup, controls, backing up, managing files/syncing, troubleshooting, etc. It a great place to start.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have additional questions.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

You can run the iPad standalone without connecting it to your Mac. You can use iCloud to sync contacts, calendars, photos, iPad backups, etc. and add apps with the App Store app and music/movies/books with the appropriate "store" apps. Or, you can sync photos/music/movies/books from the Mac if connected. When you sync from the Mac, you have control over what syncs.

If you are new to Apple mobiles devices, it would be best to read through the info on Apple's website: iPad Support. It will guide you through setup, controls, backing up, managing files/syncing, troubleshooting, etc. It a great place to start.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have additional questions.

C
Thanks very much Cory that's helpfull.

Ask a Question