iDVD Picture Size

Reaction score
I am a new Mac user and when burning a slideshow on iDVD the resulting pictures do not fill the whole 32" flat screen on my TV. They are way too small and everyone has to crowd round the TV to see them. Is there a way to increase the size of the pictures in iDVD so that they fill the screen. I am aware of the TV safe area but when I don't use this it doesn't make much difference.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Geoff and welcome,

what version of iDVD are you using ?

Is your 32" screen widescreen? Do you know what aspect ratio it uses ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric,

Thanks for responding. My iMac is very new and therefore the iDVD version is 2008, I think. My TV is a Sony Bravia and I've tried all different aspect ratios none of which fill the screen with the photo's in the slide show on the DVD. It seems silly to me to have a system that cuts the size of the photo so you don't lose any image on older TV screens. Even when I don't use this feature the photo's only fill approx 75% of the screen. Can you burn discs direct from iPhoto? Do you know why the Ken Burns effect or random transitions from slide to slide are not in iDVD?

Ric

Reaction score
No problem, I'll see what i can come up with later.

I'll try and post a 'walkthrough'

Ask a Question