iCloud for notes sync

Reaction score
Hi,

Im not sure if this the right place, but...

Can anyone explain to me what it is I need to do to sync my notes between iOS and laptop. When I try and enable this on the iphone it asks me to create an iCloud email address. What is this, and, why do I need it? My bookmarks and calendar seem to sync ok already.

As far as I can make out, if I upgrade my iphone 5 to iOS 9 then I will be able to sync notes, is this the case? Will I also have to upgrade my laptop from Yosemite to El Capitan, something I don't want to do?

Many thanks for your help

B

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

It sounds like you already have an iCloud account. Notes should sync too, unless you have upgraded Notes using iOS9 or El Capitan, which has a new iCloud version of syncing.

-Which version of iOS on your iPhone now?
-Do you have an iCloud account, and is it setup on your Mac, but not your iPhone?
-What account is setup to sync your bookmarks and calendars currently?

C

Reaction score
Hey Corey,
Thanks for getting back!
Unfortunately I upgraded my phone to iOS 9 but my MacBook Air is still on Yosemite. So I suppose now I have gone and got myself in a corner and have to upgrade to El Capitan!
B

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No problem, that's why we're here.

Yes, if you upgrade your Mac to El Capitan, then it can access the new version of Notes, and they should sync properly.

C

Ask a Question