iBook G4 possibly very poorly please help!!

Reaction score
Hello,
Please bear with me, as much as I love my iBook (with all my heart) and as uch as I also get that 'special smile' on my face when I tell pc users I own a Mac I have always felt a bit of a fraud as I am actually not very Mac savvy....

And now I have what I what is a terminal problem. If any one can help please can you do so in really simple 'special stupid person' like talk as I wont understand otherwise......

My clock keeps sticking in 1970. As much as we all feel like its 1970 with the recession and all my internet then wont work (er as it wasnt invented yet)...I then have to manually change the clock back and even though I click the save and the lock to prevent it from changing back it still does. It sometimes just locks me out altogether and all I can do is switch him off and switch him back on again and hope he will come back on.

He wont work without the main plug in the wall either and I have read this is because the clock isnt being recognised although I don't know if thats true.

And he is very slow compared to how he once was.

Please tell me...is this the end??

karazelle

Reaction score
Hi. Does your iBook exhibit any battery issues beyond the problem with the clock?
There is a small battery like device in the iBook that stores settings when the Mac is off, like clock etc. It might hang, in which case you can try this procedure: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1431

You can also have it done by an Apple tech, who can also look at issues with that device. This is a minor to medium repair usually and would likely not blow your budget.

Note! This issue also occur in other PCs, either computers that are way old, or something occur with that battery and it gets replaced by the OEM or manually.

Reaction score
Thnaks very much for the response. I will try the reset later onn tonight but Ivegot to work out how back everything up first. I will put a thing up if and when its resolved. Thanks again.

Ask a Question