iBooks intrusion

Reaction score
I do not have any acquaintance with iBooks, and yet several times when I have tried to access a saved document - and today when I tried to open a pdf attached to an email - the documents have appeared in an iBooks window.. unavailable to me except via the iBooks STORE! WHY? How do I make this stop?

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like you may have associated all PDFs with iBooks instead of Preview.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-If you have any other PDFs that aren't in iBooks, click once to select the icon, then press the Command-I keys together. The Get Info window will open, and see what it says in the Open with: section. It should say Preview (default) Use this application to open all documents like this one.

C

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi, Cory,
I am on El Capitan 10.11.6
Thanks so much for your suggestion. I did as you advised ...found it already said Preview (default), and when I tried to find the problem pdf's iin attachments to received emails - I could not. However, when I went to iBooks, there they were.... I have removed them to the desktop and hope nothing will go there again.

Since not all pdf's have gone there - and it's only recently that it has happened, what would make certain ones do so? Is there a way to prevent it - other than what you suggested?

Ask a Question