iBook master password + other account

Reaction score
I just bought an iBook clamshell m2453 and it has a master password set on it. It also has another account on it that I can't access. I made my own account and made it an admin and the other one not an admin anymore, and people say just to try and delete it. I have also tried to use the sh /etc/rc and it says unbound variable.. I'm so confused!! please help.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Do you have the Software Installation Disc/s for the clammy? If you don't then it's important you source them as you will need them eventually, I speak from experience as I have 2 Clammies here. Boot from the CD & you should be able to reset that Master Password in the Utilities Menu BUT I would strongly suggest you erase/format then reinstall the operating system making yourself the sole admin. It's the only way to remove the original User/Admin. Then I suggest you create another account with Standard privileges for daily use. It's not wise to operate out of an Admin account 24/7/365.

If the clammy doesn't have OS X on it & you want to upgrade, there should by a Firmware Upgrade performed first. We can help you if needed but the clammy may already have OS X installed.

Reaction score
I actually don't have the system discs, if I need to buy them should I go ahead and buy os x 10.4 because mine is only running 10.3? I got into the other account yesterday, but I still do not have the master password. I will try and get the discs soon.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Unfortunately, 10.4 discs will not work with your model...10.3.9 is the maximum version that will run on it.

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You can purchase the Full Retail Version of Panther 10.3 on Amazon or eBay … but beware & read everything.

The full retail discs are identifiable by the black label/white X. Whatever you do, don't purchase any discs that are grey as they won't work at all.

Full Retail Panther 10.3

Ask a Question