iBook G4 Mail opens but everything is gone

Reaction score
I have an iBook G4 1.2 GHz running OS 10.4.11 w/ two user folders - my husband and myself. I'm the Admin but I guess I don't really know enough to do that very well.
Recently, when my husband opens the mail application in his user folder, there is no mail - current or otherwise - just nothing but a blank viewer windo template.
When I go into my user folder and open my Mail application, all my stuff is there.
So I tried going into the HD, into his user folder, choosing Mail and trashing the com.apple.mail.plist, file inside the INBOX folder. I also trashed Opened Attachments.plist inside the Messages folder in the INbox folder, and the Info.plist file inside Messages. Then I restarted without emptying the trash, in case those weren't the right preferences to trash. It restarted but when I opened Mail, I got the window that says welcome and takes you through how to set up your mail program.
So I put everything back from the trash, restarted and got the same "Welcome to Mail" window when I opened the Mail program.
How can I get my husband's Mail program with all his correspondence back again?

Ask a Question